4.22.2013

Dreams Do Come True!

Wowza! I haven't posted a blog since February 20th and it is already the end of April! Well so much has happened since! The last I left this I had just had an interview with the Disney College Program and was waiting to hear back from them as well as my Professional Internship.

On March 25, 2013 I got an email from the Disney College Program telling me that I had been accepted to participate in Merchandise. This would be working in a gift shop someplace on property. I of course accepted this opportunity, paid my fees, and picked an arrival date of May 20th.

Though if I thought life couldn't get any better, it did! On April 15, 2013 I got the best call I could have ever got. It was Disney Recruiting calling me to offer me the Professional Internship of Guest Relations!!! This is an absolute dream come true. Though the check in date isn't until June 19th, a month later but for this internship I can wait. But I had been waiting to hear back about this internship since February 9th which was my first interview.

In the Guest Relations role I would be basically handling any ticketing issues, reservations, questions, comments, and concerns regarding the guests' experiences at the Theme Parks.

I plan on leaving Michigan on June 9th heading down to Florida giving me several days to move in and get comfortable. I am so excited to start this new chapter in my life.

The most common question I get from friends and family is "when does it end?" my response is "hopefully never". Thats right. I am hoping that this move will be my only one and I can land a long term job with the company. It is a great place to work and live!

This is the email that changed everything:





No comments:

Post a Comment