6.11.2013

Making The Trek To The Magical Mecca

So the last place I left off was when I had been accepted to the Disney Professional Internship of Guest Relations! No entirely too much has happened since that moment until now! As you can probably tell from the title of this entry I am well on my way to Orlando to begin this new and exciting chapter in my life.

First on June 7th I had one of the best Going Away Parties probably ever. haha I miss everyone from home already and hope to visit. This time was extra hard as I am not sure what the end of the next 6 months will hold. Will I stay in Orlando or travel back to Detroit. I do not know. But here are some pictures from that awesome night and other final celebrations at home. Its definitely not everyone I had to say goodbye to.

   

 



I departed from Dearborn Heights on Sunday June 9th at about 10 am and drove for about 12 hours until we got to Charlotte, NC. You may be thinking if you know the direct route down I-75 from Detroit to Orlando..how the heck did you end up in North Carolina. No we didn't make a wrong turn but rather decided to take the scenic route down. We never explored Charlotte just stayed for the night and yesterday morning we woke up and traveled a few hours until we got to Charleston, SC. This is probably one of the most beautiful places in America, in my opinion at least. I will post pictures below. We spent the afternoon exploring the Market area which has tons of vendors selling their various creations. We ate at Hyman's Seafood which is world famous and has tons of celebrities that have chowed down at it. This was my second time eating here but my parents first and it was apparent to them why it was so famous...IT IS SO GOOD. If you ever find yourself in Charleston that is one place that you have to go to. Not only is their food out of this world the southern hospitality that happens in this place is for sure nothing short of mind blowing. 

But moving on from my obsession with that restaurant after walking around we hopped back in the car and traveled a few more hours to Savannah, GA. Which is suppose to be one of if not the most haunted city in America. So what is a better way to see if this is true then taking a ride in a hearse and going on a guided ghost tour. We climbed on board this altered hearse at 9 and the driver took us on an hour tour of the city. It was very interesting! So apparently the CVS in downtown Savannah closes daily at about 5 or 6 pm due to the amount of paranormal activity that happens in the building. There are duplexes that can never be rented out because the the amount of spiritual guests....freaky. Little to say I would never live here, just visit. Haha.

As the sun rises today we are heading out to explore Savannah a little in the day light then we are heading down to Orlando! Where I will be calling my new home. 

Below are a few pictures I took along the way!



First Day of Travels
Our table at Hyman's
Charleston, SC
The Battery. Charleston, SC


The Hearse Tour. Savannah, GA
A local pizza joint. Savannah, GA





That is all for now! I will update more once I get to Oralndo












No comments:

Post a Comment